- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features including reusable components, frameworks and libraries in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Work very closely with product owners and other stakeholders to drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- 5+ years as a Java full stack developer, preferably with Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, and Oracle (or other relational database)
- 5+ years of experience in designing and guiding development teams in the building of complex software systems
- Proven experience using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understanding of API design and development, especially REST APIs
- Familiarity with messaging technology, such as ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience in the health care industry
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Scrum, Java, Software, Engineer