BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
LEAD MARKET DEVELOPMENT PROJECT SPECIALIST
We are in growth mode and this position is an opportunity to play an integral role in our expansion! As an initial member of a newly created team, the Lead Market Development Project Specialist will serve as the point person for activities surrounding new club openings and new initiatives related to optimizing existing clubs and markets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Lead cross functional teams to bring vision to reality and serve as Lead on the development and execution of new club playbook
- Establish and lead cross-functional team to successfully open new clubs and launch new initiatives
- Serve as the lead for activities relating to new clubs and existing market optimization
- Proactively identify risks, develop options and drive decision making to overcome challenges
- Take a new program concept/idea and determine path forward to test, refine and, when applicable, rollout program
- Manage and coordinate the portfolio of all market development initiatives
- Coordinate reporting of both new club activities as well as other initiatives being led by the Market Development team
- Publish monthly competition reporting with data and analysis regarding competitive quarterly reporting, other competitive news and relevant analyst reporting
- Build and deliver presentations to Leadership team – synthesize complex topics into impactful, succinct presentations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to turn strategy into actionable plans
- Critical thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Project management experience with cross-functional initiatives, from planning through execution
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence
- Strong organizational, presentation building (PowerPoint), written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; additional experience with analytical tools a plus
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.