Job ID 42944
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Information Technology
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Management Company employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the Network Manager position is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
As a Network Team Lead, you will manage the development, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization of all new and existing network hardware and software. Further manage that systems are properly monitored, logged, tracked, and issues reported, and resolved consistently. This position will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to staff members and schedule the activities of the network teams to resolve problems affecting end users in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will also encompass levels of project management within dependent on Hardware/Network deployment. You will be expected to develop documentation for specifications, project plans, timelines, standards, and policies/procedures. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical, and mentoring leadership for the Network Engineering team responsible for supporting and delivering voice, video and data network solutions for the organization.
- Key contributor towards corporate disaster recovery and continuity planning.
- Mentor and provide training on proactive, corrective and analytical processes for network team.
- Clearly communicate to stakeholders, leadership, and team members through effective presentations, verbal communication, and written communication.
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
- Motivate, guide, leads team members, and provides them with the right resources so that goals can be achieved. Empower the team members to act independently if the situation demands.
- Take on the role of facilitator when necessary and execute well-planned meetings to help teams reach a better understanding of an issue or reach consensus on a solution.
- Manage employees and contractor engagements to verify deliverables meet expectations and budget constraints.
- Make timely informed decisions through careful analysis.
- Take responsibility for individual and/or team mistakes, timely inform management, and follow through with the documentation and application of lessons learned.
- Manage staff working schedules, on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays as appropriate.
- Able to skillfully delegate to team members and/or third parties in order to maximize bandwidth for strategic planning, management, and other priority initiative. Capable of selecting the right person, delegate the entirety of tasks, and clearly specify preferred results with open lines of communication.
- Able to connect with direct reports and understand their individual goals, as well as ability to promote an understanding of how individual goals are linked to the goals of the department and the organization as a whole.
- Manage enterprise technology utilization and capacity usage.
- Minimize client exposure to network incidents.
- Maintain working documentation and visual schematics of environment.
- Provide estimates of cost, resource, and time with excellent accuracy.
- Develop and deploy methodologies and KPI’s for testing network performance and providing performance statistics and reports.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Ability to manage, mentor, and lead a staff of local and remote system engineers and technicians.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 12 + years equivalent work experience in Enterprise Environments with 4 or more years in a management role.
- Hold one or more Certified Expert and/or Architect certifications such as CCAr, CCIE Routing & Switching, Data Center, Voice, Video, Security, and/or Wireless preferred
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification preferable.
- 10+ years of experience of design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large, complex IP-based networks.
- 10+ years of experience in Network Capacity Planning, Performance. Monitoring/Management and Network Design Architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in routing protocols like (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VRRP, IP, HSRP, MPLS, BGP for dual ISP, etc. protocols) and set up load balancing using BGP for dual ISP
- 10+ years of experience with layer-2, layer-3, and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, NFSv4.x, SMB
- 4+ years of experience designing and managing enterprise security and firewalls preferably PaloAlto and Cisco.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws preferably HIPPA and PHI.
Specific Position Requirements
- Expert level experience in multi-site enterprise LAN/WAN network administration and security implementation.
- Expert level experience with Internet facing web architectures including data center network, security, and ARIN Registry management.
- Expert level experience designing and architecting in a national, multi-data center environment.
- In-depth analytical and problem solving skills including robust troubleshooting skills with a focus on preventative actions.
- In-depth experience with root cause analysis and post mortem.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver complex technical messages to both business and technical audiences.
- Advance knowledge working with Cisco Call Manager and Unity.
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP, Routing protocols, Load balancing concepts
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies preferably Aruba Networks (ClearPass, AirWave)
- In depth knowledge and experience in VTP and Spanning tree and other switching technologies.
- Expert level experience on Cisco closet/core switches and routers preferable if recent knowledge with Cisco Nexus.
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of PaloAlto NG, and Cisco Firewalls
- Ability to work delivery on multiple concurrent projects and tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Applicable knowledge with ITIL based incident, change and problem management processes.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients