At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo’s Financial Systems and Technology Group (FST) within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is seeking a Lead Application Systems Architect to work on the development team for the OFSAA-based Datamart applications. This position will play a key technical leadership role and be responsible for contributing to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the specialized, highly complex software in the areas of regulatory and risk reporting, OLTP applications, and data warehousing. The team has enterprise-wide exposure internally to senior management, lines of business and compliance / audit functions and externally to regulatory agencies.
- Lead projects, allocate/manage resources and provide guideline/directions.
- Hands-on development experience is critical to this role and will constitute a majority of the responsibility. In addition, architecture and solution experience (ability to see the big picture and look to the future) will be a plus.
- Provide strategic direction recommendations to senior EIT and Business management teams.
- Act as an expert technical resource to identify, evaluate, and develop systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
- Works closely with Corporate Finance to analyze, design, develop, and implement changes to eONE datamart.
- Create detailed design documentation using UML, write application code and implement new functionality using OFSAA and PL/SQL.
- Act as an internal consultant within technology by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
- Provide leadership and technical direction for the technology team responsible for development of and maintaining coding/development standards in OFSAA.
- Support Business Analysts in development activities including scenario development and testing.
- Provide technical support for interim solutions in the research phase prior to implementation.
Note: The only work location for this position is 401 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of banking finance experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7+ years of experience coaching and developing a team
- 10+ years of Oracle experience
- 10+ years of PL/SQL experience
- 5+ years of Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) experience
- 10 + years of experience designing software solutions using software architecture design principles
- 5+ years of performance tuning experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of reconciliation systems
- Data modeling experience
- Advanced OFSAA platform knowledge, with coding experience; especially in OFSAAI 8.x or similar; understanding of OFSAA architecture and metadata layout.
- Experience in OFSAAI performance enhancement work.
- Scalability/performance tuning experience with large databases, and parallel execution of queries and optimization
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.