There comes a point when you’re ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that’s where you are today, let’s talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy benefits business, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Here’s where you come in. As a Lead Pharmacy Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You’ll incorporate your knowledge of specialty medications as you work through the authorization process including review of physician's letters of medical necessity and reviewing/approving requests for prescription prior authorizations. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Execute writing of schedules
- Engage with team members daily to include coaching, training, onboarding, and other job duties as directed by management
- Manage workflow of fulfillment operations
- Handling troubleshooting issues
- Managing quality
- Managing inventory
- Coaching and developing a team
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions
- Work does not usually require established procedures
- Works independently
- Mentors others
- Acts as a resource for others
- Coordinates others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- State of Nevada Licensed Pharmacy Technician in good standing
- Previous experience in a Lead or Subject Matter Expert (SME) role
- Sunday -Thursday 1:30 p.m. -10 p.m. with the ability to work overtime as needed
- National Pharmacy Tech Certification
- Previous Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to coach and train a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to lead a diverse team
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, Lead, Pharmacy Tech, SME, Pharm Tech, Pharmacy, PBM, Fulfillment, Prescriptions, Rx, Pharmacy Technician