Department:OH1MH_11010_002 Physical Therapy OP - Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our Physical Therapist colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
Job Description Details:
The Lead Physical Therapist leads PT team members by demonstrating and providing advanced knowledge of job responsibilities. The Therapist is responsible for evaluating and treats patients referred for physical therapy by a physician. In addition, the Physical Therapist communicates and collaborates with other caregivers to provide quality care and maintains accurate patient records.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides mentoring, monitoring, coaching, and evaluation of team members' performance, especially in the areas of productivity and quality management.
- Serves as a positive role model for team members by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Assists with coordinating services, prioritizing assignments and workflow, and promoting situational decision-making/problem solving.
- Takes responsibility for, or provides guidance to team members on, the handling of complex or novel issues.
- Performs physical therapy evaluation, establishes and implements treatment plan for patients referred by a physician and assigned by the clinical coordinator or manager.
- Documents accurately patient evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge records.
- Delegates appropriate treatment procedures to the Physical Therapist Assistant and reviews and co-signs their documentation.
- Communicates with appropriate health care providers on matters concerning patient treatment, continuity of care, and discharge planning.
- Coordinates the scheduling of assigned patients with other therapists and assistants and with other departments, as needed.
- Records daily treatment on charge card and performs computer charging on system, when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master's degree in Physical Therapy
- Licensure / Certification: State licensure as a Physical Therapist. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
- Experience: 3 years of direct experience with demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to make decisions and utilize good judgment concerning patient evaluation and treatment
- Ability to function in a professional capacity with minimal supervision
- Physically able to perform strenuous activities, such as lifting and transferring patients
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.