At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you!
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization.
Corporate Model Risk Technology supports Model Inventory, Governance and Validation for all Models developed within Wells Fargo to adhere to the regulatory requirements. CMRT is part of Enterprise Business Technology team within Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Information Technology Division.
This position directly manages the team responsible for development and support of the Model Risk Technologies and applications. Technologies used are suite of state-of-the-art Quants tools which include tools like Python, R, Tensorflow, H2O etc. to implement Quants algorithms like Gradient Boosting (various implementations), Random Forest, and Neural Networks (Deep Learning NN’s involving recurrent, convolutional, and LSTMs needed for modeling time series and dynamic processes).
The entire combined team consists of approximately 20+ resources, onshore and offshore, made up of both team members and contractors (number of contractors will vary with number of projects being worked). The Team works closely with the Corporate Model Risk team to ensure that the corporation meets its regulatory and compliance timelines.
Lead Quants Compute Administrator position to manage the Model Risk Compute Environments and responsible for building and managing CMoR Compute platform for Enterprise Risk Management Technology in the Enterprise Information Technology group at Wells Fargo
- Acts in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing.
- Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts.
- Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
Specifically, this position will involve in the following activities:
- Partnering with Enterprise Modelling and Validation team
- Quant. modelling and calculation approach
- Support the business in the CCAR stress testing and establish a technology roadmap to support the operationalization of modelling platforms.
- CMoR Compute Platform administration
- Integration with Quants tools
- Hadoop connectivity and cluster Management
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Streamline build and release activities
- User access provisioning
A successful candidate for this position will have a service-oriented mentality and possess a strong sense of ownership of the problems/requests assigned.
The work location is 301 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5 + years of Hadoop Hortonworks experience
- 2+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agile experience
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Git or GitHub experience
- Splunk experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 5+ years of cluster sizing experience for Big Data Analytics including Machine learning environment.
- 5+ years of Shell Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python)
- 5+ years of Monitoring and Alerting Tools (Grafana, Nagios, etc.)
- Proven experience using Big Data Tools such as HBase, Hive, MR 1/2, Sqoop, Atlas, Ranger
- Any experience with deploying ML models on GCP and/or AWS.
- Wells Fargo development experience
- Wells Fargo technology management experience.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.