BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Play an integral and leading role in the growth of BJs as we open new clubs. The Site Location team helps guide the future real estate growth and decision-making process of BJ’s Wholesale Club. The team is responsible for providing location strategy, competitive insights, mapping, demographics and other ad-hoc support to various divisions throughout the organization.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Collaborate with senior members of Real Estate/Property Development regarding market optimization
- Conduct field research to evaluate proposed sites as well as overall market dynamics, which includes assessing the vitality of competition
- Write Strategic Site Reviews (SSR) that are distributed to senior management on Real Estate Executive Committee (REEC) locations; SSR’s discuss demographics trends, competitive environment and other site nuances that influence a potential location sales projection
- Leverage knowledge of spatial, demographic and consumer analytics to address business problems beyond site location strategy
- Ability to update and manage large complex datasets and queries
- Additional Ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities will be assigned as needed
- Overnight Travel Required (15% - 25%)
- 5+ years’ experience in a retail environment (including graduate level academic work)
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, business, economics, mathematics, marketing or related field; graduate degree preferred
- Full understanding of analog, regression and gravity modeling in a site location setting
- Ability to leverage demographic and POS datasets to create actionable business insights
- Effectively communicate, facilitate team meetings and motivate and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Access) and GIS (Mapinfo preferred)
- Expertise with SQL
- Strong Analytic and critical thinking skills
Environmental Job Conditions
- Tasks are preformed while seated indoors at a personal computer
- Travel will be required frequently throughout the year
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.