This position will act as supervisor in the absence of the Retail Manager or Assistant Manager. Provide excellent guest service for all, assists guest with any concerns, questions, or compliments. The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October. Candidate must be able to work at an altitude of 12,000 feet.
All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Perform all cashiering duties properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills on register, and count back change.
- Suggest add on sales to every transaction performed.
- Assist the Retail Manager in organizing the stock room. Stock product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean.
- Receive orders and help maintain inventory levels in the shop. Complete orders, process shipping orders and transfers.
- Keep the sales floor clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Give accurate helpful information to guests.
- Assist the Retail Manager with staff supervision and training as needed.
- Discuss concerns with the Retail Manager or Assistant Manager. Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Deal courteously with guests on phone. Handle complaints & compliments with ease.
- Handle change requests.
- Verify retail associate cash drawers & deposits.
- May need to climb ladders as requested.
- Any other responsibilities that are deemed necessary.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Retail procedures.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal retail operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate an advanced knowledge of products sold in the gift shop. .
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
- Demonstrate basic awareness of general shop security and theft prevention.
- Able to train fellow associates on product attributes and store procedures.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum 8 - 10 hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.