DescriptionThe Risk Management Lead identifies and analyzes potential sources of loss to minimize risk. The Risk Management Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Risk Management Lead estimates the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss. Develops and implements controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize the organization's risks. Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
As a Risk Management Lead within the Enterprise Risk Management team of the Chief Risk Office, you will be responsible for working with business leaders across the organization to identify, assess, and monitor key business risks, as well as for supporting and/or leading a number of key Enterprise Risk Management initiatives.
- Conduct enterprise risk assessments to assess potential risk impacts, risk management maturity, and related information for key business risks;
- Support the development and implementation of new and improved risk reporting tools to track key metrics, risk appetite thresholds, enterprise issues, and other relevant information on key business risks;
- Build out improvements to existing risk appetite reporting and scenario analysis activities;
- Develop and roll out plans for measuring, classifying, and reporting on internal operational loss data across the organization;
- Continue to improve internal assessment and reporting processes to provide an aggregated risk assessment for the organization.
- Prepare presentations relevant for consumption by Humana executive leadership and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in risk management, consulting, auditing, operations
- 2+ years of project leadership experience
- Strong communications skills
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to influence leaders at a variety of levels and build consensus
- Ability to lead complex projects to completion using project management methodologies
- Knowledge of key Humana business areas or functions
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Experience and understanding of risk management and control processes
- Relevant professional certifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours40