The Lead Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
The Lead Software Engineer will:
- Build proof of concepts and evaluate technical approach for solutions.
- Develop performant, reliable code, that meets Humana coding and security standards.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Lead design approaches that are cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Provide technical leadership to multiple development teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects including support
• Prior project lead experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud CRM Solutions and integrations
• Development experience using Eclipse, Apex, Visualforce, Workflows, Triggers, XML, HTML, SOQL, and SQL
• Understanding of System Integration Testing, Load Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Salesforce.com Cloud Integration Testing
• Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, OO principles and design patterns
• Knowledge of relational databases, legacy systems integration, and design patterns
• 5+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
• Experience with:
- SOA design and development
- Back-end databases
- Technologies in use in the application(s)
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategies
• Database experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or DB2
• Development experience using CSS and XSLT
• Experience with SOAP/WSDL and REST APIs
• Experience in Eclipse and TFS
• Experience in Salesforce Lightning Process Builder
• Salesforce.com Certifications
• Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer
• Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
• Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator
• Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
• Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com Service Cloud, .Net and mainframe development
Scheduled Weekly Hours40