WHELAN SECURITY IS NOW HIRING
Whelan Security is looking for individuals who want to grow as professionals and develop their safety and security skills in a family-owned company. If you’re ready for a challenging position that will expose you to new roles in security- now is your opportunity! Join our world-class security team with immediate full-time and part-time openings. Come be a part of the best of the best today.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide concierge level customer service.
- Provide access control to facility.
- Observe and report activities at assigned site.
- Respond quickly to critical situations.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk consistently for duration of shift.
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor in a variable environment.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders or ramps occasionally during shift.
- Ability to read and write detailed reports.
- Enforce client procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds
- Other duties as assigned by Whelan Security and client contract requirements
EducationAdditional responsibilities and requirements:
- 3+ years Security, Military, Law Enforcement, or Corrections experience.
- Must be driving qualified.
- Must be shift flexible.
- Able supervise various types of accounts.
- Cover patrol rounds left open by patrol officer.
- Cover shifts and schedule around “call offs”.
- Respond to alarm calls and be comfortable checking vacant facilities and understanding when and when not to contact police.
- Conduct inspections of security officers, their uniforms, demeanor and job knowledge.
- Represent Whelan Security as the “benchmark” of our brand.
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations - Apply Now!
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan -- are you one?
Lawrence, KS 66044