- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Manage user stories and project commitments to deliver value to our customers
- Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, Agile and DevOps
- Experience working with two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Development experience in Java and related tools/software
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Business rule engine experience
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience developing applications on Relational DBMSs with a preference towards Oracle
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.