The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace everyday by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We’re out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you’re in, you’ll be challenged like never before. It’s time to join this history making.
This role spans a broad range of software development activities including scope and requirements analysis, design, development, documentation, and support of new and existing payment systems, new supporting applications and web services, test execution, and managing defect resolutions.
We are building highly resilient and scalable data platform that consumers will use to search, discover, curate and retrieve data from a massive data lake built on HDFS and MapR. Consumers will have options to run analytics, reporting, wrangling, and machine learning capabilities on this self-service platform. This way we are liberating data for business, data scientists and business operational to maximize full potential of our data assets with appropriate authorization that complies different data security policies and governance.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will collaborate with software architects, engineering leaders, quality specialists and other members of the software engineering team to design and develop high-quality application products and solutions for our customers.
- Lead team in all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases through Sprints
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- 3+ years of experience working as a System/Technology/Application architect designing an enterprise level multi-tier data driven platform and application
- 5+ years of Java, Spring Framework, Springboot microservices development experience
- 3+ years of Angular 2 or Angular 4, React.js development experience
- 2+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
- 3+ years of RESTFul API experience
- 2+ years of experience building resilient application on Kafka or other streaming platform
- 2+ years of Node.js Express.js experience
- 1+ year of experience working in public/private cloud environment
- Security frameworks for web applications
- Elasticsearch, Logstash or FluentD
- API gateway experience
- Experience with Kubernetes clustering
- Swagger API
- Red Hat OpenShift Origin 3.6
- Open source software integration experience
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Hadoop/ETL Experience (data processing and scripting experience), Teradata Admin., UNIX, SQL, Hive Hbase, Pig, Spark, Hadoop/MapR
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: lead software engineer, software engineer, lead, System architect, Technologyarchitect, Application architect, Java, Spring Framework, Springboot, microservices, Angular 2 or Angular 4, React.js, Unix shell scripting, RESTFul API, Kafka, Node.js Express.js, public/private cloud, Security frameworks, Elasticsearch, Logstash, FluentD, API gateway, Kubernetes clustering, Swagger API, OpenShift, Azure, Hadoop, ETL data processing, scripting, Teradata Admin., UNIX, SQL, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Hadoop, MapR