The UnitedHealth Group Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (OCSO) is developing an exciting new technology platform that will enable health plans, clinical practices, and all who provide patient care better leverage of patient health data to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, fewer gaps in care, and improved affordability. This platform bridges the divide between traditional Providers and Payers, and will transform the ways in which each person's health care is provided and experienced by delivering health care at a scale that makes a difference.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality within Information Technology software
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within information Technology software
- Comply with standards and strategies of the software development lifecycle
- Work with Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Assist in continuous integration experience (for example tools like Jenkins, GitHub, SVN, Testing Tools)
- Work with Java
- Support and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Understand / working knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Serves as a leader / mentor
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise with Core Java programming and frameworks
- 7+ years of experience in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- 5+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
- Proficient in Object Oriented Design
- Expertise across the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Python
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
- Understanding of SOA design principles
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Understanding of Ontologies
- Expertise with Protégé ontology editor
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.