LEAD SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
•Assist the General Manager in meeting the store’s sales and profitability budgets by evaluating the performance of the various departments within the store discussing appropriate adjustments to drive top line sales results and bottom line profitability
LEAD SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES OF THE LEAD SUPERVISOR INCLUDE:
- Assist the General Manager in meeting the store’s sales and profitability budgets by evaluating the performance of the various departments within the store discussing appropriate adjustments to drive top line sales results and bottom line profitability
- Oversee one or more of the key departments (ie. Beverage, Furniture, Gourmet) and supervise assigned department heads to meet company expectations and sales goals in these departments.
- Proficient in preparing of an effective and productive work schedule that supports sales, customer service expectations, achieves productivity, and meets labor budgets. Ability to adjust the schedule as needed throughout the day and week to support the business.
- Perform store opening and closing as directed by the General Manager.
- Support the development of high potential employees through mentoring and coaching to achieve positions of greater responsibility within the store or company.
- Partner with the General Manager and Human Resources to implement disciplinary action and coaching of associates.
- Proficient in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and leading orientation of potential team members, as directed by the General Manager.
- Assist the General Manager in conducting the annual focal review process for the store employees.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of new hire paperwork, employee orientation, and training
- Manage the execution of ESA, DSO, and VMO functions
- Manage the execution of Inventory control functions (distress, loc to loc, cycle counts)
- Oversee the 90-day calendar to plan and organize priorities and tasks and to support sales.
Customer Service and Sales:
- Communicate pertinent advertising information to the staff in regards to daily, event-or season-specific marketing events
- Participate in training the store staff on “Bump up the Basket” expectations
- Track and create awareness on WME and WMCC expectations for the store
- Assist in driving a consistent level of customer service by ensuring stock levels and adequate knowledge of store product.
- Monitor front end management, speed and service, dress code standards, and customer hold/rain-checks to ensure the store is meeting company expectations.
- Training staff regarding cash handling policies and procedures as well as maintain the World Market customer service standards.
- Assist the General Manager in training sales associates on cashiering, stocking, and basic operational standards.
- Ensure pricing and signing is accurate and visible in accordance with the company standards
- Train store staff on merchandising and recovery standards on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager in communicating Company expectations regarding execution of promotional guidelines, shop sets, schematics, core of store, ad sets, signage, housekeeping and seasonal set ups.
- As directed by the General Manager, assist in communicating to the staff the company’s expectations regarding OSHA and ADA compliance and the implementation of the Destination Safety Handbook.
- Assist the General Manager with Destination Safety team meetings.
- As directed by the General Manager, assist with safety audits, equipment maintenance, employee/customer accidents, asset protection, back room safety standards, team lift stickers, sweep logs, emergency and robbery procedures, evacuation procedures and maps.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to successfully lead the store team in the absence of the General Manager.
- Excellent leadership skills including: strong verbal and written skills, sound judgment, proven problem solving skills, strong sense of urgency, highest level of professionalism and must be an excellent role model and mentor for the store staff.
- Must be results oriented and desire to work in a fast paced, customer service environment.
- Must have the desire, ambition and potential to promote into a position of higher responsibility in the near future (0-6 months).
- Must be willing and able to relocate for a promotion within a 30 mile radius.
- Must be at a “Meets Standard” or above rating in his/her current position.
- Must have completed and be proficient on the line items on the Lead Supervisor Training Checklist.
- Must be certified in each of the leadership training modules ( interviewing, conflict resolution, planning and organizing, retention training, etc)
- Must be recommended by his/her General Manager, HR Manager and District Manager through a final interview process.
- Must be approved by the RVP.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.