Join First Transit as Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair commercial vehicles and equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or other operations personnel.
- Repairs and maintains engines and bus equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance. While involved in reviewing personnel actions (e.g., hiring, promotions and discipline), all such actions are further reviewed and approved by higher management.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews repair orders.
- May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency and safety.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Performs all other duty associated with Tech position
Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; CDL Operator’s license preferred
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and automotive equipment
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.