The Lead Technician would serve as an integral part of our installing team in addition to administration duties such as check-in/check-out process, store coverage, and assist with store closing procedures. The Lead Technician role serves as an acting supervisor in the manager's absence.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Installs auto glass and other Safelite® Group products in store or on a mobile basis.
- Utilizes the proper tools and techniques to ensure efficient, timely, and quality installation service for Safelite® Group customers.
- Follows approved installation methods.
- Ensures that all equipment, materials, and areas of operation conform to health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Maintains working knowledge of MRM.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record in accordance with company policy.
- May perform auto glass repairs as needed.
- Assist manager with CICO (check-in, check-out) process.
- Assist with providing store coverage and assist with the close out procedures in the absence of a manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two years of auto glass experience preferred
- Knowledge of auto glass installation techniques
- Customer driven with an exceptional attentiveness for customer service and quality
- Ability to demonstrate leadership potential
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Time management focused with the ability to coordinate multiple activities and tasks
- Relationship oriented with the ability to build and maintain effective professional working relationships with team members and customers
- Ability to analyze situations and determine appropriate responses and solutions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to perform physical work in various weather conditions
- Valid driver's license required
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.