The Warehouse Lead provides front-line direction and support to Warehouse Associates and Drivers, picks and processes orders, replenishes stock, and loads company delivery and service vehicles.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Coaches associates on warehouse operational practices and procedures, equipment operation, glass-handling methods, and safety procedures
- Receives incoming glass and supply items, logs items into company system, and stocks items in the proper location
- Enforces policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe warehouse operations
- Evaluates current processes and procedures and recommends changes to warehouse management
- Assists in inventory picking and packing of inventory to be shipped and loading of company vehicles
- Assists with warehouse associate scheduling
- May train associates on a variety of position related processes, procedures, and tasks
- Operates Safelite Group vehicles according to policy and procedure and may make deliveries
- Contributes ideas on ways to reduce warehouse cost per unit and increase productivity
- Maintains working knowledge of warehouse data system and performs various tasks within the system
- Assists with inventory of parts to verify accuracy of location and quantity
- May be responsible for vehicle maintenance
- May be responsible for the physical opening and closing of assigned warehouse
- Carries out sales plan for assigned location
- Evaluates parts for quality
- Attends and participates in various meetings
- Assists in resolving associate and customer complaints in an ethical and timely manner
- Provides World Class customer service
- High school diploma or GED required
- One year experience as a Warehouse Associate or equivalent experience
- Auto aftermarket experience helpful
- Basic warehouse and inventory practices and procedures; preferably within the glass industry
- Valid power equipment certifications and truck operator's licence required
- Knowledge of entry level supervisory principles and practices
- Ability to work independently demonstrating initiative
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle and feel, talk, hear, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Skill in verbal and written communication
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.