DescriptionThe Learning Design Professional 2 uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Learning Design Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Humana is seeking an experienced Instructional Designer. In this role you will be responsible following:
- Consult with internal business partners to match organizational needs with appropriate solutions.
- Conduct needs analyses and use findings to develop learning solutions targeted to meet specific audience needs.
- Use a disciplined instructional design approach to create meaningful, memorable learning experiences.
- Select appropriate learning activities and methods to achieve objectives, and build those activities into a meaningful sequence.
- Select appropriate media for delivery (instructor-led, e-learning, virtual, blended, OJL, etc.) to ensure that learning needs are met effectively and efficiently.
- Create high quality materials that are instructionally sound, complete, accurate, and convey learning concepts creatively.
- Identify and validate content to be used in instructional materials based on input from subject matter experts or key performers.
- Manage the learning projects from initiation to closure; work plans, communication processes, timelines and scope change processes.
- Evaluate the success of training programs in terms of learning outcomes, performance change and business impact; identify trends and patterns in data.
- Prepare facilitator support materials (i.e. power point slides, leader/facilitator guides, learning activities, evaluation tools, etc.) and “train-the-trainer” sessions to ensure effective delivery and engaging learning experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience working with subject matter experts to design curriculum
- Computer literate (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, LMS however not a specific LMS)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Client/customer facing experience
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10-panel drug test.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related field
- Experience in a clinical setting is a plus
- Experience designing live virtual Instructor-Led (ILT) training using WebEx
- Experience creating e-learning using Adobe Captivate 7.0 (and above); Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or Articulate Storyline
- Experience using Adobe In Design
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40