DescriptionThe Learning Design Professional 1 uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Learning Design Professional 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Learning Design Professional 1 analyzes content, organizes content, designs solutions, and writes storyboards, scripts, performance support, mobile learning and manuals. Analyzes learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to provide input for course content. Writes effective learning objectives and coordinates performance assessments to measure training effectiveness. Ensures course materials are current and relevant to training needs. Tracks and analyzes the training programs effectiveness by examining learner's satisfaction levels, proficiency testing, and job performance improvement. Provides instruction and guidance to Facilitators. Knows how to use social media and collaborative tools to facilitate learning. Plans, organizes, and develops training curriculum, materials, job performance aids and programs to meet specific training needs. Uses consultative skills to commit projects and conduct needs analysis with clients to determine whether learning solutions are necessary or relevant. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
This position will be responsible for producing high-quality documentation and communication that contribute to the overall success of our training department and the development of the LTSS Care Coordination staff. As part of the training team, you will collaborate with trainers, preceptors, audit team, and leadership to develop required or identified training needs of the team.
- Experience producing training documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills to create written and web based/e-learning training modules
- Strong technical writing skills to create clinical trainings, reference documents, reinforcement exercises and outlines with the end-user in mind
- Comfortable working with and collaborating with associates at all levels
- Proven experience with the ability to create, administer and maintain web content
- The ability to clearly explain complex concepts in simple language
- The ability to work independently as well as a member of a cross-functional team to understand and identify specific training needs
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Innovative, results/detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certification in technical writing
- Prior experience working with a Managed Care Organization
- Previous experience in the health insurance industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours40