At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
National Underwriting and Production Risk Management (NUPRM) provides support for transaction underwriting, managing production risk, and implementation of policies and procedures that support the home lending process. As part of Wells Fargo Home Lending, NUPRM identifies and adopts best practices and controls in relation to retail mortgage products.
The NUPRM Collateral team provides quality oversight and mitigates collateral and program risk for our borrowers and our organization. They oversee fulfillment of valuation products for all retail and home equity loan originations, analyze and decision agency and government appraisals, underwrite Condominium and Co-operative project reviews, perform Insurance reviews, and drive overall collateral strategy for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lending Manager to oversee one of our three Collateral Assistance divisional teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead high-performing team comprised of Collateral Assistance, National Collateral Escalation, and Appraisal Pipeline Management team members.
- Collaborate and partner with internal and internal business partners to address collateral escalations and drive successful resolution.
- Facilitate value appeals, appraiser incident reports, re-assignment requests, resolution of valuation delivery issues, and general appraisal service complaints.
- Execute and refine proactive pipeline management routines with focus on exception management and reduction in crisis files in effort to improve our customer experience.
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expert judgment on complex transactions and escalations requiring attention of Collateral leadership.
- Maintain prescribed escalation path for urgent collateral issues while empowering our front-line associates to provide outstanding service to our business partners and customers.
- Translate loan-level issues and performance metrics into actionable plans with internal and external business partners.
- Managing ongoing cross-functional business relationships.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and work ethic.
- Demonstrated empathy for customers and business partners while adhering to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to listen and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders by employing a calm, credible and confident leadership style.
- Extensive collateral background including knowledge of applicable appraisal regulations and general mortgage underwriting guidelines and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.