At Optum, the
mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health
system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (Monday-Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm with rotating Saturdays). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 328 Front Street South, La Crosse, WI 54601.
- Make contacts to schedule a variety of specific medical and dental services in accordance with customer availability and contract guidelines. Respond to a variety of inquiries and resolves issues with regard to the appointment scheduling/fulfillment processing and service completion in a timely manner while maintaining sensitivity toward military culture.
- Conduct customer contacts related to Health Assessment processing, referral follow-up, educations and resource inquiries.
- Identify potential behavioral health situations and follow contract specific protocol to assist callers.
- Maintain constant awareness of service level and queue status in order to meet contractual requirements.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an interim ADP-IT/CAC access, which is only available to U.S. citizens, or have an active security/suitability clearance determination that would be applicable to work on this government contract.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to create, copy, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- United States Citizenship
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Prior military experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Provider Services, health care, office, phone support, training class, LHI