Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well-being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
Responsible for reviewing, processing, and tracking dental exams until dental treatment has been completed. Provide ongoing coordination of individual treatment plans. Update applicable military databases. Answer and trouble shoot questions and phone calls as they arise. Determine if Dental Consultant review is necessary.
The statements listed below are not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Based on leadership decisions and business needs, “all other duties as assigned” will be expected for each position.
- Review the data (x-rays, forms, treatment plan) from a Service Member’s dental exam appointment to verify the recommended treatment needs are covered by the contract
- Enter information into customized internal database (MedNet) and if applicable military database so approval of the needed treatment can occur
- Follow up with providers as needed to retrieve missing exam components
- Approve orders that are received in MedNet
- Using dental knowledge build approved treatment plans based on contract guidelines for the Service Member within MedNet and assign providers to complete treatment
- Once the treatment has been completed the records are reviewed to ensure the services were accurately done according to the treatment plan
- If all treatment was not completed then MedNet is updated to order the needed services again
- If treatment is completed then military database is updated accordingly
- Answer questions from providers and service members regarding treatment / treatment plans
- Stay up-to-date on the changing needs of the contract to include the differences with each customer and State
- Works with Dental Professional and Leadership staff to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Work with Dental Professional for authorization of additional treatment
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Dental Hygiene OR High School Diploma / GED and 2+ years of Dental Assisting or Dental Hygiene experience in a dental office setting OR High School Diploma / GED and a Dental Assisting Diploma OR applicable military dental experience
- Knowledge of dental terminology and dental procedures
- Ability to interpret radiographs
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save within Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of CDT codes
- Experience in using a multi-line telephone
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies in data and be able to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making, analytical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Dental hygiene, dental assisting, radiographs, dental office, military dental