At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking Deputy Medical Director to join our team. This individual serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on clinical disability evaluation of veterans. They are responsible for maintaining the quality of clinical examinations through review of veteran medical exam records for contractual compliance.
- Coordinates duties of professional review staff and ensures they are aligned with contract obligations
- Assists Medical Director with oversight of quality metrics regarding work performed by medical staff
- Partners with internal program management team to identify process improvement opportunities within the current VBA contract
- Serves as SME for internal staff regarding disability examinations
- Acts as SME for Veterans Services staff who train internal reviewers and practitioners in Network
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal program management team and collaboration across internal departments
- Licensed MD or DO, Accredited Board Certified / Board Eligible (BC/BE)
A minimum of 4 years active clinical practice experience
Prior experience with VA Compensation and Pension Examinations
Current and unrestricted state license or the ability to obtain licensure in the state where the employee’s work is performed. This may include a compact license (Interstate Medical Licensure Compact) as long as it complies with that state’s existing Medical Practice Act
- Basic Microsoft Office programs skills
- If not located in La Crosse, WI; must be willing to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people / disciplines at all levels of an organization
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.