At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to Help Desk requests via phone calls or e-mails in a 24 / 7 environment
- Educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
- Act as front-end support for incoming issues, and gather accurate data related to the incidents reported by end users
- Test the given information for validity and accuracy
- Direct the issues to appropriate parties for resolution
- Front Desk duties to include helping walk-ins, recording receipts of computer equipment
- Set up and maintain hardware and software including computers, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, and projectors
- Maintain a working inventory of most used items for desktop support
- Inventory and request items as needed to maintain effective amounts
- Move and arrange computer equipment and assist in setup for new hires and promotions
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in IT, CIS, Networking or other related field or High School Diploma / GED with 2+ years in a desktop support environment
- 6+ months of work experience in a desktop support environment
- Experience / working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to assist end-users with technical assistance for hardware and software
- Customer service experience for issue resolution
- Ability to work 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday through Friday
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Previous experience with imaging software
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; LHI Desktop Support Technician; US Telecommute; La Crosse, WI; desktop; Microsoft Office; customer service; imaging; ticketing troubleshooting