At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
- Responsible for contacting medical and / or dental healthcare professionals to retrieve missing or incomplete documentation of requested services and ensure customer / contract specifications are being met
- Inform and educate office providers on expectations of service delivery and appropriate documentation of medical / dental services
- Analyze order requests and determine appropriate course of action based on contract specifications with varied requirements and specific service component expectations
- Contact health care providers and customers by telephone using inbound / outbound phone queue to retrieve missing medical and / or dental components on service paperwork
- Discuss medical and / or dental services with providers to ensure services are completed correctly and up to the customer / LHI contract guidelines
- Receive electronic communication through fax and / or email that includes medical / dental service documentation
- Identify if updated documentation is completed accurately and correctly by customer and / or provider network
- Update internal LHI and external customer database(s) by inputting medical and / or dental service results and initiating appropriate task in event tree
- Clearly and concisely document updated notes and make changes to service documentation
- Analyze order notes, task notes and history as well as situations and medical / dental readiness to determine what services need to be re - worked or re - scheduled and whether a new order needs to be created, a new voucher requested, or re - working and setting up a new appointment with the appropriate services on the same order. This can include utilizing external and internal databases to review readiness standards and statuses. Cost / charge rules are evaluated based on customer and provider specifications and agreements
- Analyze laboratory and procedure documentation to ensure customer and contract specifications are met as well as ensuring these results are adequate for professional medical review
- Communicate with contracted laboratories to retrieve result documentation as necessary. This can include notification of internal operational units for re - scheduling, reworking and / or re - training.
- Review all medical / dental service orders to ensure strict turnaround times are met and assist various LHI departments to ensure customer designated time frames are met by contacting Customers, and / or internal operational departments of outstanding issues and resolve discrepancies to ensure services requested by customer are completed in expeditious time - frames
- Review hand - written paper documentation from provider and transpose and transcribe medical information onto fillable electronic form to ensure accurate transfer and final medical review that includes profiling and status changes of customer records
- Utilize external databases to update medical readiness services for employee. This includes multiple component databases. This could include ordering eye wear prescriptions, medical exceptions, and mobilizing / readiness status.
- Urgent requests are processed in stricter time frame turnarounds established outside contract requirements
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of similar or related work experience
- Data Entry and Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of healthcare documentation and terminology
- Proficient typing ability
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office programs: Word (create and edit document), Excel (create, sort, and edit data spreadsheets), Outlook (email and calendar management) and electronic file / database management experience
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Business, Health Information Technology, Medical or a related field
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical or dental transcription
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to work special projects as directed
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies in data
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.