Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Supervise desktop support personnel, including resource management and planning, hiring, development, training and performance coaching. Provide guidance and support to staff to ensure departmental objectives are achieved
- Complete queue monitoring and determine queue adjustments queue based on volume
- Ensure proper support processes and standard operating procedures are documented and followed to ensure timely resolution of technology issues. (Incident, problem, outage notifications etc.)
- Participate in IT meetings with internal customers and other support staff – sprint reviews, planning sessions with netadmins, business analysts and software development teams. Represent Technology Support in all Change Control Meetings
- Responsible for tracking and routing problems/requests and documenting resolutions. Ensure tickets are picked up by due date
- Responsible for inventory management of over 1200 desktops, laptops, tablets as well as the QA and maintenance of hardware inventory for all computers
- Clone computers using imaging software; create, maintain and QA clone images as appropriate
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Escalate incidents to IT Network Administrators, Business Analysts or Developers when appropriate
- Act as team contact when manager is not available for escalation, meetings, day to day operations
- Associate’s Degree
United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to lead and direct others to achieve or exceed individual and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions in stressful and time restrictive situations
- Strong customer service skills along with excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Demonstrate commitment to solving user problems.
- Technical knowledge and the ability to complete complex tasks
- Ability to supervise technical staff and understand and escalate technical issues
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload (for self and others) in a fast paced environment
- Proven project and team leadership skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with event technicians and other IT and non IT groups
- Ability to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Previous experience with FOG imaging software preferred
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86. Successful completion of the process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. SF86 processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final SF86 approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Desktop Support, Supervisor, Customer Service, Leadership, Lead, LHI, Optum, UHG, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin