At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011. LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
The Support Coordinator will facilitate successful activation, completion and ongoing monitoring of LHI's provider network for medical and dental services. Communicate daily with healthcare professional and various internal departments to maintain a detailed and compliant provider file system for LHI's various contracts. Maintain and audit files for completion of necessary contracting documentation and components, scan and enter data into customized computer systems, and analyze and report on provider compliance information. Ensure LHI's provider network meets or exceeds contract expectations and risk management efforts.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Receive, review and process provider file update / change requests via verbal, electronic, or written request. Process paperless provider file updates
- Review, verify, and approve submitted provider / facility contracting documents for activation. Review of inactivated provider files
- Support phone queue for incoming internal and external calls
- Adequately respond to and resolve incoming calls in the appropriate manner
- Act as point of contact for providers and internal departments who need assistance with Provider Portal issues
- Complete various provider file update / clean-up / new projects as assigned, manage subscribed reports and participate in Inbox manager rotation as scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and updating process flows and work instructions
- Manually assign qualified providers to orders within the contractually allowed mileage radius
- Associate Degree (or higher) and 2+ years of experience in administrative or clerical work, or High School Diploma / GED with 4+ years of experience in administrative or clerical work
- Experience with MS Office applications Word, Excel and Outlook - ability to create, edit, save and send documents
- Healthcare and / or Medical terminology
- Familiarity with contracting documents
- Experience using database applications and working with electronic files / documents
- Contracting compliance, records management, quality assurance and / or customer service experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Knowledge and / or experience with CPT and CDT coding a plus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, administrative, coordinator, support, clerical, secretary, MS, Word, Excel, Outlook