You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a Field based and Telephonic Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for care coordination of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are
located in Central Kansas, you will have the flexibility to
telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. This position is both
field based (approximately 30%) and telephonic/work from home
(approximately 70%). When in the field you will be visiting
beneficiaries primarily in local Community Mental Health Centers located
in : Greenwood, Chase, Harvey, McPherson and Marion counties.
- Make patient assessments and coordinate appropriate levels of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Review treatment plans
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
territory for this position will primarily include Community Mental
Health Centers in the following counties: Greenwood, Chase, Harvey, McPherson and Marion counties.
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling with 2 years of post-Masters experience in a related mental health environment OR Licensed Ph.D., OR an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health. Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the state of Kansas
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel within the territory listed for this position
- Access to high speed internet from home / Broadband cable or DSL
- Dedicated workspace from home
- Experience with SED/Autism Waiver
- Experience working with children, adolescents, adults and families
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Medicaid experience
- Experience working in a Mental Health Center
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day ? and where every day is another opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.