You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
If you are located in Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This is a work at home position that will be supporting members in West Tennessee (Shelby County) and also includes field-based visits. It's approximately 60% telecommute and 40% field (the field based component could increase). You must reside in Tennessee, hours for the role are: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversee initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determine appropriate levels of care
- Administer benefits, review treatment plans, and coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Coordinating care for the Medicaid population through a state mandated program
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Independent, licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling with 2+ years post-Masters experience in a Behavioral Health role; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health. License must be independent, current and unrestricted in the state of Tennessee.
- 3+ years of behavioral health experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Ability to travel in designated territory (Shelby County)
- Reside in state of Tennessee
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Designated work space from home
- Experience with high risk and at risk populations with behavioral health issues
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse disorder and/or opioid abuse disorder
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience in a field-based position
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Case Management, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, Tennessee, TN, Shelby County, West Tennessee