For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions has multiple opportunities for Employee Assistance Program Counselors. The EAP Counselor is responsible for taking inbound calls to provide telephonic assessment and solution focused consultation to clients calling regarding their behavioral health benefits. In addition to assessment and triage, the successful candidate will engage in short-term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers.
This is an office based position in our Philadelphia, PA office with a Day Shift Schedule with hours of 9:30am - 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Answer inbound calls for EAP and Behavioral
- Assessment and triage, short - term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers
- Provide solution focused consultation to assist member with issue resolution
- Determine member eligibility and benefit coverage and triage as appropriate
- Update and enter clinical notes in care management database
- Current, unrestricted, independent behavioral health license in the State of Pennsylvania (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PsyD / PhD Licensed Psychologist)
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- 3+ years of clinical experience, POST Master's
- Strong computer skills, must be able to type and navigate around multiple systems
- Prior Call Center experience
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience supporting an Employee Assistance Program
- CEAP (or eligible to obtain)
- Prior experience in both Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse, dual diagnosis
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP Counselor, EAP Consultant, Social Worker, Therapist, Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, LMFT, LCSW, Employee Assistance Program, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania, PA