Licensed Practical Nurse, Traveling
Primary Location: WV-WVCharleston-5088 Washington St W
REM West Virginia
Traveling Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
REM/THE MENTOR NETWORK IS NOW HIRING LPN/LVN'S FOR OUR CHARLESTON, WV AREA!
Applications are reviewed daily and Interviews are scheduled daily!
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocation Nurse, Traveling is a critical role for our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The Traveling LPN/LVN provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse (“RN”) or a physician to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges in more than one site.
Traveling between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role, the Traveling LVN/LPN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours, and depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Social and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the children and adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.Responsibilities:
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed
medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follow-up on all physician orders; monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers. Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment.
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Monitor and record medications in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Oversee and monitor staff member who administer medication.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records.
- Administer, track, and maintain log for staff members’ and individuals’ testing.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy. Uphold policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Provide training to staff members including but not limited to medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Provide training for individuals receiving services in topics including, but not limited to self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and be accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- Participates in on-call system as needed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required, i.e. assisting with household activities and meal preparation.
Qualifications: What we ask of you:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current LPN/LVN licensure in good standing in state of residence
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Other education and experience as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- As a traveling role, travel between supported sites is required.
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment, and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!