Responsible for researching, compiling, and completing property tax filing and payments for H&R Block company-owned field offices. Conducts day to day accounting and reporting functions pertaining to property tax compliance. Applies applicable tax laws in the preparation of business tax receipts and other reports required by the taxing authority. Ensures Company compliance with periodic municipal tax and requirements. Works with taxing authorities to resolve tax related issues and to understand and apply tax law changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a proactive program of regulatory compliance.
• Compute and file taxes and fees owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
• Compute and file quarterly estimated tax payments where applicable.
• Research on municipal law application and changes.
• Research and respond to notices from various taxing authorities.
• Communicate effectively with officials pertaining to compliance concerns.
• Respond timely to inquiries and conduct all necessary research to resolve.
• Analyze and investigate non-compliance issues.
• Maintain and correct database information.
• Develop and update training material as needed.
• Attend training sessions and participate in meetings throughout the year.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to effectively research issues and recommend and/or take corrective action needed.
• Operational knowledge of tax law and regulations sufficient for the accurate completion of various tax forms and filings.
• Ability to accurately interpret and enter information into appropriate computer software and tax forms.
• General understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work independently and maintain priorities with multiple deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with a diverse group.
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
• Ability to concentrate and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Experience with tax reporting in a business office environment.
• Experience in bookkeeping and accounting concepts such as accounts payable/receivables, and reconciliations.
• An intermediate level of knowledge with Microsoft Office.