Legend Senior Living is proud to announce our Forbes Best Workplaces for Aging Services award!
A career at Legend Senior Living means quality training, plenty of growth and development opportunities and a team that feels like family. Our focus for residents and employees alike is to maximize the potential of every life we touch.
Legend Senior Living is a leader in Seniors Housing because of our attention to every detail. We are also a growing company looking for individuals with vision and passion to grow with us.
Being a part of the Legend Senior Living team means a worthwhile, meaningful career. Besides an in-depth training program, we offer beautiful work environments and caring and knowledgeable associates. Everyone involved strives to provide excellent quality of care for our residents and you¹ll leave each day feeling deeply satisfied knowing that you made a difference in the life of a senior.
If you¹re a caring, compassionate, dependable and hardworking individual, we¹re waiting for you to join our outstanding Legend Senior Living team.
The Life Enrichment Assistant is Responsible for providing assistance in the planning and implementation of Life Enrichment Activity program at the residence. Regular responsibilities include assisting with the design and scheduling of activities, coordinating with outside organizations to provide activity to support, and delivery activities to the residents that meet all quality measures. Essential Duties
- Adheres to policies, operating procedures, Legend Core Values, and the Pillars of Practice
- Assists the LEC with the development of the monthly life enrichment calendar that meets residents’ needs and company expectations including providing one-on-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting
- Participate in review of resident service plans and conduct personal interviews with residents as required to gain insight into preferences and abilities for use in the development of activities for the residence
- Coordinate the transportation of residents to and from outside events to include driving company vehicle when required
- Provide input on budget, equipment, and supplies to ensure that the activity schedule can be completed successfully
- May provide oversight of a specific life enrichment component (e.g. Reflections, exercise, etc.) as designated by the LEC
- Assists in the training of all staff on life enrichment programs and philosophy for the residence to include Reflections training as required
- Reviews program to ensure that it meets all state, federal, company, and other regulations and guidelines
- Assists the LEC with the planning and delivery of community events or activities at the residence
- Maintains an outreach program with community and volunteer organizations for participating in life enrichment programming
- Assists with the recruiting, training, and coordination of all volunteers for life enrichment programs
- Coordinates and provides direction to all staff involved in life enrichment programs while participating in support of the activity
- Provides input into designing programs to help meet the physical, social, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of residents
- Maintains physical layout and decorations for activities, displays, and other life enrichment products that meet company standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Prefer prior experience in AL, IL, or SNF
- Prefer one year prior experience in an activities related position
- Require ability to write reports, write correspondence, design calendars and speak effectively before groups in English
- Require attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Resident care philosophy with a focus on providing the highest level of quality service and professional interaction Education / Certification / License Requirements
- High school diploma required
- Certification as required by the state Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- This position is primarily in an office environment. Exposure to mechanical moving parts as part of operating office equipment and ultraviolet light may occur.
- Individual is required to perform standing, walking, or lifting in this position as needed for outreach and trade shows
- Position requires the extensive travel to include extended periods of driving and overnight stays at residence locations
Legend Senior Living is a drug free workplace and we do require pre-employment drug screening for any and all individuals, as well as random drug screening for current associates.