Life Skills Trainer
Primary Location: VA-VABlacksburg-1510 /1512 Seneca Dr
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
INSERT PARTNER BOILER PLATE HERE
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support brain injury - individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As a Life Skills Trainer with NeuroRestorative VA you’ll be one of those special people. For NeuroRestorative VA and The MENTOR Network the Life Skills Trainer is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. NeuroRestorative VA is seeking Life Skills Trainers to provide leadership and supervision to Life Skills Therapists in the residence and in the community and to provide direct services to program participants. This role will cooperate with MENTOR and any state Department of Human Services staff in any inspection or investigation.
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- A caring attitude with a dedication to assisting others
- Successful clearance of background checks, drug screen, motor vehicle report
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required for most positions
What we offer you:
- Full, Part time, and As Needed, schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Paid training. Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. NeuroRestorative is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the people we serve, and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
The LST role is a great place to start your career with The Network - we have many success stories from people at all levels that started out in the Caregiver role.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!