Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are in search of a Part-Time Life Skills Trainer to work in a community-based residential setting to teach individuals with disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed to live as independently as possible. This position is located at the Manhattan office and services Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens and requires travel within the boroughs to the participant’s home and/or working with them in the community.
- Supports and encourages the individual supported to increase his/her ability to problem solve and be as independent as possible.
- Identifies, develops, and coordinates community resources and support.
- Builds a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Intervenes for consumers in emergency situations and when services are not delivered.
- Initiates a re-evaluation of the level of care when the participant has experienced a significant improvement in his/her ability to function independently in the community.
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring of individual finances.
- Monitors and reports health and medical needs of individuals.
- Submits monthly written reports to the appropriate individuals outlining operational status, progress, and concerns.
- Cooperates with internal and State inspections and investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Experience completing functional assessments.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Understanding and commitment to community based support for persons with disabilities.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty).
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403b with Employer Match
- FREE Tele-a-Doc 24/4 Physician Services
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous paid time off after 3 months
- Opportunity for growth
- Various Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org