Life Skills Trainer
Primary Location: TX-TXSan Antonio-6849 Crestway Dr
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
MENTIS Neuro Health
We have particular need for Full Time Overnight shifts.
As a Life Skills Trainer (LST), you'll carry out rewarding work, playing a crucial role in supporting the attainment of treatment goals. Working closely with our clinical staff, you will support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place for individuals in the program. You will provide training, assistance and supervision to those we serve in the areas of daily living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance.
Assist with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration. Help facilitate relationships and support community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings, or providing transportation to work or other activities. Our LSTs assist therapists from all disciplines in providing treatment, as well as maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of resident equipment and treatment space.
Our Life Skills Trainers are the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
You will perform resident care in accordance with nursing practices and plan of care for the person served based on age and diagnoses.
- Assist with treatment for person(s) served under the direction and supervision of a Therapist or Therapist Assistant.
- Communicate effectively with all other staff to accomplish treatment goals.
- Document all measurements and clinical information on appropriate forms and according to policy. Present accurate and timely reports to Clinical Coordinator and Nurse Manager.
- Report any observed safety and risk management issues - i.e., behavior changes, unusual occurrences to the appropriate supervisor.
- Demonstrate initiative, accuracy, and thoroughness in performing special projects.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
What we ask of you:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- CNA or CMA license/certification preferred.
- Current certification in CPR, health care provider status required.
- 2 -3 years’ experience in related Direct Care role preferred.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and extra time as needed.
- Experience with or willingness to learn windows-based computer systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills required; Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Ability to transfer a person weighing up to 250 pounds with assistance.
- Adequate motor ability and visual and auditory acuity to perform all evaluation and treatment procedures.
- Ability to fold and lift a standard wheelchair weighting up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to manage aggressive or agitated residents/clients.
- Full, Part time, and As Needed, schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Paid training. Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the people we serve, and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability. With a transdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, we draw upon a broad spectrum of innovative rehabilitation programs and support services in order to develop personalized treatment plans for each individual served.
Mentis Neuro Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.