No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Lift Driver - $500 Sign-on Bonus! - Northwest Portland
Join First Transit as a Lift Driver for our TriMet contract! First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
At First Transit, we appreciate our employees’ hard work. That’s why we are proud to offer:
- $500 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Driver training is available for CDL
Lift Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- We train for CDL!
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience in a personal vehicle
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
As a Lift Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive a cutaway paratransit vehicle in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 2800 NW Nela Street, Portland, OR 97210!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.