Performs entry-level line cooking functions or prep production.
- Prepare food orders according to menu specifications or production records, including as necessary, portion control, batch size, temperature, and presentation.
- Accomplish food prep production of soups, sauces, vegetables, etc. according to production records given by Restaurant Kitchen Manager.
- Adhere to ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation standards throughout all phases of food production.
- Develop proficiency on assigned station and expand knowledge by training on other stations on the cook line or production area.
- Proper safe and sanitary use of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Set up and breakdown assigned area according to kitchen standards and ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation guidelines.
- Do prep work as assigned to cover next shift or meal period.
- Do regularly scheduled temperature checks of food items particularly those prone to rapid spoilage due to temperature changes. Notify Cook I, Supervisor or Kitchen Management of any items found to be in the temperature danger zone.
- Utilize first in, first out standard for rotation and use of perishable food products, including prepared items in the pantry.
- Display professional communications with front of the house staff.
- Practice teamwork and open communication with other cooks on the line or in assigned area.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies, and wear required personal protective equipment while performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous kitchen experience with some cooking experience on a line station or batch cooking.
- Basic knowledge of the production areas of the kitchen and equipment such as slicers, steamers, and kettles.
- Safe and proficient knife handling skills.
- Basic knowledge of ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation program with ability to apply necessary portions of program.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of food product and carry it twenty-five feet minimum.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and work in high temperatures.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.