BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
LIQUOR STORE ATTENDANT
Responsible for processing member purchases including liquor, lottery and tobacco sales in a courteous and friendly manner, scanning merchandise, accepting various forms of payments, adhering to state age requirements, following asset protection guidelines, merchandising and stocking product displays and locations, and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the liquor store.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to members. Processes member purchases including liquor, lottery and tobacco sales in a timely and efficient manner. Answers incoming phone calls and product inquiries from members.
- Scans merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for members.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from members. Issues receipts and change due to members.
- Runs lottery machine and sells scratch-off tickets. Processes and collects payment for lottery ticket sales.
- Adheres to state liquor, lottery and tobacco laws and age requirements.
- Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and redeeming coupons.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the register area and liquor store. Assists in general club housekeeping when necessary.
- Recovers / pulls forward merchandise throughout the day. Stocks shelves from pallets or lay down articles as needed.
- Conducts daily inventory counts according to asset protection guidelines and places asset protection devices on high shrink merchandise as needed.
- Maintains all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Prior cashier experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of all required training and/or certifications.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. Frequently requires bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping to examine or scan merchandise.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds unassisted. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.