At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Part of the Operational Excellence model in Business Banking, this role manages a small cross-functional team who supports the origination process for new and renewal credit requests. The cross-functional team is referred to as a pod, and this role is to lead the pod as well as to manage the pipeline of credit requests through to booking and funding.
The Pod Lead (Loan Administration Manager 2) will be responsible for directly and/or indirectly managing a team of 10-12 Team Members; Credit Analysts, Underwriters, Loan Operations and Real Estate Specialists who are originating Commercial loans. The Pod Lead actively engages with Business Banking Managers and Relationship Managers in support of collaboratively supporting a customer’s credit request. The Pod Lead also provides detailed work direction to the Pod members and is accountable for the end-to-end customer experience. The pod may be a virtual team, with pod members in multiple locations.
Pod Lead oversees activities of a loan production, loan servicing, commercial or real estate construction loan team, which may include a large single business function or multiple business functions. Responsible for loan processing, documentation, pre-closing/closing tasks, monitoring, loan servicing or may include underwriting activities. Ensures compliance with Wells Fargo, investor, legal, regulatory or business policies. Responsible for hiring, coaching, developing and supervising exempt/non-exempt production, servicing, documentation, administrative support staff and/or senior Specialists. Accountable for ensuring quality customer service provided to internal/external customers. Develops and implements operational, servicing, or documentation procedures, methods and work systems. May have direct supervision of Team Leads who provide work direction to the team. May oversee quality control process and/or may assist with budget process.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
***Job posting may be removed earlier than stated close date due to volume of applicants.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates. If you plan to be away the office, update to include your personal email to ensure you do not miss communication through the selection process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- 1+ year of management experience
- 2+ years of business banking experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to motivate others to greater performance
- Ability to provide leadership to a virtual or remote team
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of business banking: credit
- Knowledge and understanding of credit: policy, compliance, and underwriting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: process improvements, continuous improvement, or LEAN
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a production environment
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Knowledge and understanding of business banking products, policies, and procedures
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Workflow management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
ID-Boise: 3033 Elder St - Boise, ID
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.