At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Flood Operations has an opening for a Flood Team Member (Loan Documentation Specialist 5) in Roanoke, Virginia. This team services wholesale loans by ordering flood determinations, reviewing flood insurance policies and sending notification to borrowers a property is determined to be located within a high risk flood zone. The WLS Flood Team reviews every loan package and provides signoff prior to the loan closing ensuring flood compliance is met. Post-close reviews are performed once the loan has booked to the system to confirm all flood due diligence was met.
This role is responsible for performing loan documentation duties on the most complex loan packages to ensure FDPA flood compliance is met.
Job Functions Include:
- Perform duties related to the processing and/or closing of loans.
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal customers during the loan process.
- Manage an assigned pipeline of all loan types relative to business line.
- Negotiate and determine viable solutions to make deals work while balancing high credit quality.
***Job posting may be removed earlier than stated close date due to volume of applicants.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates. If you plan to be away the office, update to include your personal email to ensure you do not miss communication through the selection process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment
- 6+ months of loan documentation experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of loan documentation
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory flood compliance
- Knowledge and understanding of the Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA)
VA-Roanoke: 7711 Plantation Rd - Roanoke, VA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.