At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
This newly created role will report to the State and Local Government Relations Leader - East Region and will focus on emerging public policy issues in Philadelphia. Working with local policymakers and other officials, this position will be located in 123 South Broad Street in Philadelphia, PA. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop key relationships with policymakers and stakeholders, to ensure they are apprised of the company's position on key issues impacting the bank
- Ensure an understanding of local priorities and challenges in assigned markets as related to Wells Fargo and the industry
- Develop an understanding of Wells Fargo businesses, products, strategy, and management structure in each assigned market
- Oversee the collection, interpretation and analysis of information on local public policy, regulatory or other political developments
- Advise Wells Fargo management of local market public policy developments and potential implications that may affect the company
- Manage local lobbying activities, and campaign related activities
- Design comprehensive public affairs strategies and campaigns for a defined region and/or priority market
The Government Relations team is responsible for defining, supporting and furthering Wells Fargo's legislative agenda and public policy initiatives through education and personal contacts with local officials. Our primary mission is to support public policies that promote Wells Fargo's business goals and oppose those that will restrict our businesses or result in a competitive disadvantage for our customers, our company or our industry. The team will operate in a transparent and collaborative way that results in the development of consistent policies and agree-upon priorities. We will:
- Be responsive to elected officials, committees and relevant agencies
- Identify important allies and critics and develop an outreach approach to work with both, including the strategic allocation of financial resources
- Run campaigns in to rebuild trust among key stakeholders
- Support improved internal communications and integration between company stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience in government relations or a regulatory environment
- Experience working with Local Governments on public policy issues in Philadelphia, PA
- Experience implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships internally and externally and working collaborating across large organizations
- Experience tracking and reporting public policy issues
- Experience working with third-party industry trade associations
PA-Philadelphia: 123 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.