Now Hiring Location Safety Manager
At First Student, our Location Safety Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Location Safety Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight, providing work guidance, and delivering leadership to full safety supervisory duties.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Location Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and work-related injuries and determines fault/probability
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, and enters in system
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on passenger management and other safety related issues
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance
- Supervise employees with safety and/or driver hiring or training responsibilities
- Provides various reports and analyzes safety trends
Location Safety Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience with California Department of Education codes and California Highway Patrol Motor Carrier regulations pertaining to the school bus industry
- Experienced in transportation safety
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively and speak in front of over 100 people
- Working knowledge of lesson plan development and implementation
- Management experience a plus
- Able to implement a positive reinforcement management style
- B Class with Passanger and School Bus endorsement
- California State Instructor Certification Preferred
- High School degree or GED
- AA degree or higher preferred
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.