Position: Loss Prevention Supervisor Location: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (Houston) Job Summary
The responsibility of the Loss Prevention Support Specialist is to support the retail stores by identifying and investigating potential internal and external fraud, extensive camera reviewing of incidents of fraud and operational issues, point of contact for missing deposit, extensive use of Microsoft Office and various internal systems.
The successful individual will provide guidance and support for the Loss Prevention Department, field teams and corporate staff.Key Accountabilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the core competencies and each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cash handling policies and procedures, theft detection and prevention techniques and procedures, inventory control, security access violations and procedures, fraud, and financial and data audit techniques and procedures.
- Ability to research video using various computer programs and systems.
- Ability to provide support to field teams by providing research and analysis of potential fraud issues and loss exposure and develop and deliver guidance on Loss Prevention topics.
- May testify in court
- Attention to detail, acute observations, and analytical skills are essential.
- Complete by in to corporate culture and corporate purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Become subject matter expert on inventory control working directly with the inventory team.
- Be a significant contributor to the design, implementation, and monitoring of an anti-fraud / loss prevention program. The program's aim will be to help detect, deter and prevent unauthorized use of company assets. The position utilizes business information, financial reporting systems and procedures to analyze; identify risk areas; investigate anomalies and inconsistencies; control weaknesses and inadequate record keeping; errors and unusual transactions which could be fraud, improper or unlawful expenditures and/or unauthorized operations.
- Utilize company data systems to detect and prevent losses related to operational and criminal issues. Required Skills
Knowledge Skill and Ability
- Proficiency in all standard Microsoft Office programs and advanced skills in internet usage required
- Working knowledge of the physical security aspects of retail operation including alarms, EAS, CCTV, inventory management policies and procedures, and lock and key policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good follow-up skills.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Education and Experience
- One (1) years of college and one (1) year of experience in a retail environment.
- Accounting/audit experience desired.
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Prior business operations experience – wireless communications or related industries strongly preferred.