There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The LPN will be used to directly and indirectly support a provider on a daily basis and to support the clinic with interventions for direct patient care that requires clinical knowledge. The LPN will be responsible for collecting all the pre-visit/HEDIS/STAR information on over 450 patients per month that visits the PCP when assigned to a provider. The LPN will also help evaluate approximately 80-100 ancillary walk in patients per month for the Adult Medicine team and will be required to complete a minimum of 800 direct patient support tasks each month. The LPN will indirectly assist the MA staff with injectables, medication administration, treatments and visit closures/discharges on approximately 50% of their patients.
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief compliant, review of medications, allergies health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Assist with phone calls and messages. Determines best actions and collaborates with team to assign accountabilities to resolve
- Participates in the monitoring patients with chronic disease and extended care benefits including verification of eligibility and status of services
- Anticipate provider needs for patient exam or treatment in collaboration with RN
- Provides clinical intervention such as drug administration, treatments, and procedures as ordered by provider and within scope of practice
- Assists RN with the coordination / completion of patient care plan
- Assists co-workers with duties when requested to include training of Medical
- Assistants and assisting in areas as needed
- Responsible for compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and narcotic count as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Gathers medical information as needed to present cases to ITD's
High School diploma or GED
Current, unrestricted NV LPN license or temporary NV LPN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV LPN license upon expiration of temporary NV LPN license
1 + years of clinical experience
Current CPR/BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
Current IV certification or willing to obtain upon hire
- Must live or be willing to travel to Pahrump, NV on a daily basis
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
Bilingual Spanish speaking
Proficient with Immunizations and assisting with minor procedures
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPN, Clinic, Primary Care, Pahrump, Las Vegas, NV, Adult Medicine, Nevada