Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical (SM) Supervisor of Clinic Operations. SM is seeking an innovative, “outside the box” thinker to help optimize clinic’s processes. Will ensure that non - clinical operations are handled appropriately, timely; provide exemplary customer service to patients, compile monthly clinical synopses and financial reports, enter provider payroll and directly support the RN Manager.
- Supervises daily operations at clinic site and coordinates the work activities and schedules
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise assigned employees
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately
- Responsible to ensure accurate charges are entered in IDX
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service
- Actively participates in financial reports, budget and prepares variance reports
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Prepares reports and manages assigned projects, oversees all business related functions including cash handling and daily batch audits and payroll functions
- Responsible for implementation of safety functions in clinics and daily facility management to include alarm response (if applicable) and facility maintenance. Attend safety meetings and provide input for change to meet safety regulations. Ensure completion of safety training for new employees and completion of quarterly fire drills
- Collaborates with Physician Leads in the performance evaluation process
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED
- LPN Technical Degree and / or 3+ years of Team Lead Medical Assistant experience
- 2+ years of administrative customer service experience (preferably in a healthcare environment)
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 1+ years Supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Bachelors Degree
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Prior experience in payroll
- Call center experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPN, Senior Medical Assistant, Supervisor, Outpatient Clinic, Operations, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, NV017