DescriptionThe Caregiver 1 provides patients with assistance in activities in daily living. The Caregiver 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Caregiver 1 addresses needs related to disabilities, disease and mental impairment. Helps to manage medications, baths and dresses, takes care of household chores, prepares meals and pays bills. Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Less than 2 years of technical experience
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments and providing related patient care
- Understanding of personal care techniques, using application of principles for infection control
- Sensitive to the differences in patient needs that may arise from cultural or ethnic differences
- Ability to read, comprehend, and print simple instructions and notes
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand
- Knowledge of primary care medicine requirements (state specific).
- EMR (Electronic Medical Record) experience
- Previous Medical Assistant experience
- Basic computer skills and/or clerical experience.
- Ability to type 25-30 words per minutes accurately
Scheduled Weekly Hours1