Primary Location: IN-INIndianapolis-HR/IN Indianapolis, Marion
Indiana Mentor is seeking an LPN to serve the Indianapolis area. We offer a supportive team environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family-oriented culture to complement our benefits package.
About Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network:
Indiana MENTOR offers home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental health challenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury. With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range of residential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual as well as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individual to be as independent as possible.
Duties include; but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides basic care and medical treatment to individuals receiving services.
- Completes health assessments and provides input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan. Follows-up on all physician orders and monitors and ensures follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Monitors and records medications in a timely manner; acts as a liaison to pharmacy. Reviews medication error forms, analyzes errors and makes recommendations for procedural changes. Administers medication as required.
- Oversees and monitors staff who administer medication. Conducts quality assurance checks on health care records.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with Mentor policy. Upholds policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Works with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment of clients.
- Administers, tracks, and maintains log for staff and individual’s testing.
- Provides training for staff including medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Provides training for individuals receiving services such as self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- May be required to coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities, appointments. Participates in on call system as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Current LPN license for state of residence.
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Other education and experience plus license as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
Qualifications: Indiana MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holiday Schedule
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!